Friday, October 24, 2014

Parking is an Issue

I hate driving my car to work. Not because I am anti-gas or pro-environment or whatever. No, I hate driving my car because parking is a nightmare at my school. I can either ride two miles on my bike to the empty bike rack right next to my building, or spend twice that time driving around looking for  parking space.

What amazes me is that not many people who live and work where we are don't do the same. I do not think this is because they are lazy or ill informed. No... I get the feeling I'm about to be hit by some nasty weather and wind come this winter. They know something I don't, like all the truck and SUV drivers out here who can get places in the rain while I worry about my Accord being swept away when the Monsoon starts.

What's the deal? I already know that the streets flood badly when it rains. I don't see an unusually large amount of pot holes. No, it must be the wind. The wind has been a nuisance but not a severe hindrance. I'm told it will get to "slam your car back door on you" proportion soon enough, and I'm not looking forward to riding two miles in that. But with the right gear it should be doable. I just really do not want to continue wasting valuable minutes of my life looking for parking.




No comments: